I am naturally a curious person. I also like to be different. Forget normal. But sometimes there are just things that people say and I think to myself "that is so not normal." Touche! I have a friends and yes it does come up. We do talk about our sex lives. It is completely natural for us. We don't go as far as getting into specific detail, but things do come up. A friend and I were recently talking about our husbands and our sex life came up. I don't remember exactly how it happened, but I believe we were talking about the fact that she had been cheated on by her husband. We then got into the topic of why men cheat. I suppose there are several reasons why men or women cheat, but her comment on the matter is what I found most interesting. She said it wasn't like he wasn't getting it at home. Her words then probably left me with a mouth hanging wide open because she said "he gets it at least once a month." Once a month? Wait... what? This is a marriage woman! If you haven't figured this out yet, let me tell you something. A healthy sex life equals a healthy love life. No sex isn't everything. Neither is money, family, or love. A relationship is like an equation or pie if you will. It requires more than one piece to be complete. Having a relationship without sex will never work. Sex is a part of human nature. It is natural to want it, have it, and explore it. If you are in a marriage and you are not committed to your sexual relationship as much as you are to your emotional relationship, you are doomed to fail. Could this be the reason my friend's husband was cheating? I don't know the answer to that. I do know, however, that it is very possible. Building a strong sexual relationship with yourself and your partner is vital to life. It keeps life in balance. Don't be afraid to explore yourself and your partner. Of course there are going to be things that you don't like and activities your partner does not favor either. The goal is to find what works best for you as a couple; especially when you are in a marriage or long term relationship. Working on your sex life will not only create a healthier relationship but you are going to be much happier overall. If you feel that you are a little down overall or your relationship needs a little excitement, try something new. Light candles, watch an adult film, do couple massages, offer oral sex, ask your partner what their fantasies are. Use your imagination and include your partner in how you feel. A neat idea is to create or buy coupons or tickets that you can give your partner as a gift. Your partner can give them back to you when they want to use them and you have to stop everything you are doing and complete the task. These coupons could offer massages, kisses, sex in a certain position, etc. The point is to give the coupons so that when your partner needs some extra attention you will know. It also gives room for being spontaneous and let's face it sometimes that is all we need. If you can open yourself up to a better sex life, you will find a better, full and healthy love life.
Tuesday, November 12, 2013
2:17 PM by UnknownNo comments
I am naturally a curious person. I also like to be different. Forget normal. But sometimes there are just things that people say and I think to myself "that is so not normal." Touche! I have a friends and yes it does come up. We do talk about our sex lives. It is completely natural for us. We don't go as far as getting into specific detail, but things do come up. A friend and I were recently talking about our husbands and our sex life came up. I don't remember exactly how it happened, but I believe we were talking about the fact that she had been cheated on by her husband. We then got into the topic of why men cheat. I suppose there are several reasons why men or women cheat, but her comment on the matter is what I found most interesting. She said it wasn't like he wasn't getting it at home. Her words then probably left me with a mouth hanging wide open because she said "he gets it at least once a month." Once a month? Wait... what? This is a marriage woman! If you haven't figured this out yet, let me tell you something. A healthy sex life equals a healthy love life. No sex isn't everything. Neither is money, family, or love. A relationship is like an equation or pie if you will. It requires more than one piece to be complete. Having a relationship without sex will never work. Sex is a part of human nature. It is natural to want it, have it, and explore it. If you are in a marriage and you are not committed to your sexual relationship as much as you are to your emotional relationship, you are doomed to fail. Could this be the reason my friend's husband was cheating? I don't know the answer to that. I do know, however, that it is very possible. Building a strong sexual relationship with yourself and your partner is vital to life. It keeps life in balance. Don't be afraid to explore yourself and your partner. Of course there are going to be things that you don't like and activities your partner does not favor either. The goal is to find what works best for you as a couple; especially when you are in a marriage or long term relationship. Working on your sex life will not only create a healthier relationship but you are going to be much happier overall. If you feel that you are a little down overall or your relationship needs a little excitement, try something new. Light candles, watch an adult film, do couple massages, offer oral sex, ask your partner what their fantasies are. Use your imagination and include your partner in how you feel. A neat idea is to create or buy coupons or tickets that you can give your partner as a gift. Your partner can give them back to you when they want to use them and you have to stop everything you are doing and complete the task. These coupons could offer massages, kisses, sex in a certain position, etc. The point is to give the coupons so that when your partner needs some extra attention you will know. It also gives room for being spontaneous and let's face it sometimes that is all we need. If you can open yourself up to a better sex life, you will find a better, full and healthy love life.
Tagged: Articles, Good Reads, Relationships
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment